Careers with Pros on Call
Pros on Call is a family-owned business based in Austin, Texas. We’ve been installing the residential, automotive, and commercial security systems and locksets of Universal City, Texas and surrounding areas for 5+ years and we’re frequently in search of hard working locksmiths and technicians to join our Universal City, TX branch - Universal City Locksmith Pros.
FULL-SERVICE LOCKSMITH (Full Time Position) in Universal City, Texas
If you are an experienced lock technician based in or around Universal City, or want to become one, and you’re considering working at a full-time job for one of Universal City’s best locksmith companies, we want to get in touch with you! Our company has an exceptional track record among the drivers, property owners, and companies of Universal City. Please be aware that we’re also in need of locksmiths ready to relocate nationwide or within Texas itself.
As a full-service locksmith, you’re going to be responsible for emergency and scheduled jobs in Universal City, TX and surrounding regions regarding re-keying, installing, repairing, and replacing office locks and security systems, automotive locks, and residential locks. Additionally, you will reply to inquiries for duplication of keys, lockouts of all kinds, laser cutting keys, and programming transponder keys. Please note that because this is a full-time position, you’ll be expected to be on call for many hours.
What’s Expected of You?
On top of the competencies stated earlier, you need to be skilled and experienced in:
- lock rekey
- industrial, vehicle, and household lock work
- unlocking residential front doors
- working with a key cutting machine to cut new keys
- repairing and/or replacing car ignition switches
- putting in and fixing electronic locks which include keyless entry and biometric locks
- replacing locks
- disassembling and reassembling lock parts
- putting in commercial security apparatuses which include video surveillance and master key systems using the needed tools
Just beginning your career as a locksmith? Do you have some experience with auto locks? We can easily teach applicants who are dedicated and willing to learn! Those that pass our training program can subsequently work in all areas of service that we provide, and also have the opportunity to go into a lucrative and fulfilling vocation!
If you feel that you’ll be able to undertake all of the tasks mentioned previously, you must have the following qualifications too before you apply:
- customer service oriented (this means being well-mannered and respectful)
- high school graduate or GED certification
- 5+ years of locksmith experience (preferred)
- valid Texas driver’s license with a clean driving record
- US citizen, Green Card holder, or valid work visa
- dependable van or car for work
- on-call 24 hours a day, 6 days a week traveling to Universal City and surrounding areas
- working in heavy-duty uniforms given by Universal City Locksmith Pros
- ability to lift heavy items
- doing work calmly in tense environments
- doing work in various weather conditions, rain or shine, ice or snow
Remuneration is commission based, according to experience and salesmanship.
Possibilities for promotions at Universal City Locksmith Pros are readily available.
If you think that you fit this job completely, then we would like to hear from you! Please submit your resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can contact us via telephone at (210) 255-2977.
* Pros on Call is an equal opportunity employer and all competent candidates will be considered irrespective of age, race, gender, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
** Proficient applicants are required to go through a criminal background check and drug testing before working for Pros on Call.